Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a time to honor the legacy and contributions of Dr. King, and what better way to pay tribute than by indulging in his favorite food? Dr. King had a deep appreciation for pecan pie, and today we're putting a unique twist on this classic dessert by transforming it into a pizza! No need to wait for traditional occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas; let's celebrate Dr. King's remarkable life and his love for pecan pie with this delightful dessert pizza.
- Great Value Pizza Crusts
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the prepared pizza crust out of its package.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, vanilla extract, beaten egg, salt, and chopped pecans.
- Pour the mixture over the pizza crust, spreading it evenly to cover the entire surface.
- Optionally, sprinkle additional chopped pecans on top for added crunch and flavor.
- Place the pizza directly on the oven rack or on a baking sheet if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Slice and savor every bite of this pecan pie pizza!
To preserve the deliciousness of your pecan pie pizza, store any leftovers at room temperature in The Pizza Pack. Thanks to its airtight design, the slices will remain fresh for 3 to 4 days.
This unique twist on pecan pie is a wonderful way to celebrate Dr. King's life and the values he stood for. The Pecan Pie Pizza captures all the irresistible sweetness and flavors of the traditional dessert, with the added convenience of a pizza crust. It's a simple and delightful treat that you can enjoy any time of the year. Remember to store the extras in The Pizza Pack to keep them fresh and easily transportable.
To get your Pizza Pack click here!
You can also grab one on Amazon by clicking here!