January 16th is Martin Luther King Jr. Day! In order to commemorate the life and work of Dr. King, we here at Pizza Pack have decided to create a pizza out of his favorite food! Any guesses on what that was? Pecan Pie! So don’t wait for the 4th of July or thanksgiving and Christmas to break out the pecan pie. Instead, make one today (but in pizza form) in honor of Dr. King who worked endlessly for racial equality, nonviolent social change, and LOVED pecan pie!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove the prepared pizza crust from package
- In a medium size bowl mix together the sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, vanilla, egg, salt, and pecans.
- Pour over pizza crust and make sure it is all one even layer
- Sprinkle additional chopped pecans on top (optional)
- Place into oven directly on the rack or on a baking sheet if preferred
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temprature.
- Slice and enjoy!!
Store the leftovers at room temperature in The Pizza Pack! Because it is air-tight, the Pecan Pie Pizza slices will keep 3 to 4 days.
So to celebrate his life and all that he stood for, whip up this ooey-gooey sweet pizza! Truly couldn't be any easier to make. It's all the wonderful sweet and deliciousness of pecan pie, without the fuss of a pie crust! Remember to store the extras in the air-tight Pizza Pack so they stay fresh! Don't forget to tag us on Instagram and TikTok @theperfectpizzapack when you do!
To get your Pizza Pack click here!
You can also grab one on Amazon by clicking here!