Who says fruit pizza is only for summer time?! The year just began and many people have new year resolutions to stick to, even some of us here at Pizza Pack! So, we decided, “why not remind everyone of this summer favorite?!” Break out this BERRY tasty fruit pizza when you are craving something sweet but are trying to stay on track with this year's personal goals!
To start, there are a few different options for your crust:
- You could use premade sugar cookie dough such as Pillsbury Ready To Bake Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough which will make it a tad sweeter of course (YUM) but will make it a tad less healthy, totally up to you! If you go this route you would simply spread the dough on the pizza pan, bake, cool, then continue.
- You could also make your own sugar cookie crust, which would also make it a tad sweeter AND still be healthy but will take a little more time. These instructions can be seen at the end!
- The third option is what we will use, simply because it is still easy and tasty, which is using a premade low calorie crust! This is less sweet but the filling and toppings make up for it!
- Other options that are also just as great: raspberries, blackberries, banana, mango, pineapple, mandarin oranges)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove the prepared pizza crust from package and place on pizza pan
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- While crust bakes mix together your yogurt, honey, and peanut butter (if you chose to add that in)
- Slice fruit if desired (needed depending what fruit you choose)
- Once time is up removed crust from the oven and let cool about 3-5 minutes
- Once cooled add an even layer of your “frosting”
- Layer with fruit
- We recommend placing it into a fridge or freezer for about 10-15 minutes but if you can’t wait to dig in we don’t blame you!!
- Drizzle with a little bit of honey, slice, and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in your airtight Pizza Pack inside the fridge! Don't forget to use the dividers between slices!
Homemade Pizza Crust:
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 salt
You will simply mix together all your dry ingredients and your wet ingredients in separate bowls to start. Then, slowly add the mixed dry into the wet. Knead/mix with wet hands (this will help the dough not stick to you so bad). Once everything is evenly mixed form it into a ball then placed onto a greased round pan and bake for about 15 minutes! From there you continue with the rest of the steps above!
Whichever option you choose we are positive you will have a very tasty outcome! What makes this recipe great is that it is easy, requires few ingredients, and it is something that could be fun for the family or the kiddos too because of its ease!! Remember to store the extras in the air-tight Pizza Pack so they stay fresh! Don't forget to tag us on Instagram and TikTok @theperfectpizzapack when you do!
To get your Pizza Pack click here!
You can also grab one on Amazon by clicking here!