December 17th is National Maple Syrup Day and of course we are celebrating the liquid gold! Pancakes are one of the greatest breakfast options of all time there is no denying it! The taste of the warm syrup on top is too delicious to resist… we’d even argue that the syrup truly MAKES the pancake so great. This recipe will help you mix up the same old pancakes you have been eating, because we’re going to create a Pancake Pizza! This recipe is a great one because it is easy, quick, customizable, and can even be done in a healthy way. Let’s check it out!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease the round 14" x 1" dish (this can vary but 1” is the about the depth you want)
- Create batter following the directions on the Pancake Mix box
- Pour mixture into greased pan
- Add sliced bananas and strawberries on top of batter
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until it is a light golden brown
- Remove from oven (you can add more fruit after being cooked as well if you’d like!)
- Warm up your almond butter or peanut butter (whichever you chose) in the microwave for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Stir and drizzle over pancake
- Drizzle maple syrup over top
- Slice and enjoy!
Even though this is a little less traditional type of pizza, did you know you can still store those leftovers in the Pizza Pack!? Leftovers are best when they are slightly warmed up in the microwave and because the Pizza Pack is microwave safe it makes it that much easier!
You can adjust your toppings any way you’d like with almost anything! Some things we suggest include: berries of any kind, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, whipped cream, strawberry drizzle rather than the peanut/almond butter. If you are looking for that salty sweet taste you could do bacon as a topping! If you have kiddos and some like one thing versus another, or you just want variety, try adding several different add-ins and pull out hot and ready pancakes in multiple flavors! You could section the pizza and do blueberries on one portion, chocolate chips on another, bacon on another, etc. There are so many options!
Healthy Protein Packed Version:
This recipe can be done in a healthy version too! You could either make your own pancake mix at home or there is a pancake brand called Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes that have 14g of protein per serving! You could also use a sugar free maple syrup!
We hope you used this recipe to celebrate this important day in time. The Pancake Pizza is a quick and easy one that the kids can get in on too! If you show off your hot pancake pizza don't forget to tag us on Instagram and TikTok @theperfectpizzapack and remember to use your Pizza Pack for those leftovers! Happy Maple Syrup Day!
To get your Pizza Pack click here!
You can also grab one on Amazon by clicking here!
Want to learn more about The Pizza Pack and its Shark Tank Journey!? Click Here!